Spirulina is a blue-green microalgae that grows in both fresh and salt water, providing a powerful punch of nutrients. It is one of the most nutrient rich superfoods. Not only does it positively impact your entire body, but it is specifically amazing for your skin! Spirulina is rich in protein, copper, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, B Vitamins, manganese and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. So yes, it’s THAT amazing!
To gain its full benefits, not only should you consume spirulina, but using it as a face mask is great as well.
Ingredients for Facial Mask
- 1 tablespoon of spirulina
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ an avocado – mashed (optional)
- Combine and mix ingredients together into a paste.
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply paste mix to face and neck evenly. Leave on to dry for 20 minutes.
- Remove face mask using warm water and a non-abrasive wash cloth.
- Moisturize your skin like normal.
Over to You!
Healthy skin can’t be achieved overnight. Thus, care for your skin daily and continue to use and experiment with a spirulina facial mask, adding other ingredients, until you find one that you enjoy best. What is your favorite facial mask?
We would love to know more – share your favorites in the comment section below.